So remember that one time it was New Years and I wrote this post? I do. Time to check in on how I'm doing:
1. Go back to school - check. I finish my second class next week (thank goodness) and have decideded not to bring up signing up for another class for awhile. I want my weeknights back!
2. Travel - check. Megs and I have put the deposit down on our trip to Turkey, Egypt, Israel, & Greece and will pay off the rest of the trip by June and leave at the end of September! Amazing.
3. Read classics - fail. Although I have been reading good books! Promise! I read Whiskey Rebels, and Sleepers, and City of Fallen Angels, and right now I'm reading Devil in the White City. But no classics...I guess it is a good thing I have 7 months left to read 6 classics. Totally do-able!
4. Cultural stuff - half check, half fail. I haven't been to Broadway in ages, which is sad because there are a lot of new plays that have come out - many on my to see list. However, not epic fail because I do have my season tickets to the ABA Ballet. I get to see Julie Kent live. I'm so excited. I do need to get some fun musicals in the mix though.
5. Puppy - CHECK! As my blog definitely describes it has been a crazy roller coaster of a past month with Sawyer. I can't believe I have had him that long already! He is growing like crazy and he already will sit on command and we haven't even started puppy class yet. I am still balancing out my social/home life, but I have to say that I am proud that I still have normal social nights out at least 2x a week which is a good mix right now since the pupster is still so little. We are definitely getting into a rhythm with each other which is nice. And he is still a cuddle bug, although he is slowly starting to outgrow my lap.
1. Go back to school - check. I finish my second class next week (thank goodness) and have decideded not to bring up signing up for another class for awhile. I want my weeknights back!
2. Travel - check. Megs and I have put the deposit down on our trip to Turkey, Egypt, Israel, & Greece and will pay off the rest of the trip by June and leave at the end of September! Amazing.
3. Read classics - fail. Although I have been reading good books! Promise! I read Whiskey Rebels, and Sleepers, and City of Fallen Angels, and right now I'm reading Devil in the White City. But no classics...I guess it is a good thing I have 7 months left to read 6 classics. Totally do-able!
4. Cultural stuff - half check, half fail. I haven't been to Broadway in ages, which is sad because there are a lot of new plays that have come out - many on my to see list. However, not epic fail because I do have my season tickets to the ABA Ballet. I get to see Julie Kent live. I'm so excited. I do need to get some fun musicals in the mix though.
5. Puppy - CHECK! As my blog definitely describes it has been a crazy roller coaster of a past month with Sawyer. I can't believe I have had him that long already! He is growing like crazy and he already will sit on command and we haven't even started puppy class yet. I am still balancing out my social/home life, but I have to say that I am proud that I still have normal social nights out at least 2x a week which is a good mix right now since the pupster is still so little. We are definitely getting into a rhythm with each other which is nice. And he is still a cuddle bug, although he is slowly starting to outgrow my lap.

remember how we were supposed to see Julie Kent last summer? bummer.
ReplyDeletealso, my puppy has completely outgrown my lap (he's a lab) but still likes to sit on me on occasion...