Thursday, May 5, 2011

Future Projects

So maybe in a couple weeks, after Sawyer's been in puppy class for awhile and I find a good rainy Saturday to get started I have a couple projects I want to do for the apartment. Now that Melissa has moved out I can finally get rid of the pink bathroom. (YAY!) So, when I originally bought the shower curtain I envisioned an orange and brown bathroom. I was looking through blogs and found this color bathroom which I really kind of love:
Nice and bright and colorful, right? It will fit in well with all our bold colors all over the apartment. Also, I have decided that my room, although tasteful, is a little boring. I have a beautiful navy blue wall color and then a tan and white bedspread with all black furniture. BO-RING although beautiful. So, I decided that I want to paint my nightstand table a bright red and then distress it so the black shows through. I couldn't find a picture of exactly what I envision although this is close:

I thought it might add a nice pop of a bold color in my room that is fairly neutral. I have these gorgeous ceramic hanging lantern-y things from Athens that are multicolored and then also a fantastic lamp that has this great white base with geometric shapes in gold, blue and red. However these don't really make the room pop. So, I am taking the one paintable piece of furniture and switching it up. Plus - if I don't love it, I can always just paint it black again. When I actually get around to doing these projects I will definitely post the befores and afters.

No comments:

Post a Comment