The major things I am excited about right now:
Commands he knows:
1. Sit - he will sit for everything! It is so great. Anytime he wants something (food, toy, treat, to go outside, put on his leash) he will sit and look at me with a face that says, "Look how good I am! Give me what I want!" And let's be honest, it is hard not to cave!
2. Water - he knows this means I will pick up his water bowl and we will walk outside of my room and he follows me into the bathroom to fill his bowl and then back into his crate in my bedroom to drink his water.
3. Treat - probably his most favorite word. I can get him to listen to me and do anything I say if the word treat is involved!
4. In your crate - I still have to motion to his crate with this one, but he gets it and will run in, turn around and promptly sit looking up at me to get his food/treat. Too cute.
This next week at class we are learning down, drop it, and hopefully come.
He also has started playing fetch. He loves to play. Often if I am not paying attention to him he will pick up a toy and come and drop it continually on my feet until I get the idea that I am supposed to throw it so he can run after it. There is something so cute about him bringing me the toy back when he jumps in my lap at the end.
We have started small amounts of time outside my bedroom in the main apartment. I am hoping he will slowly get used to it and then in a couple months time when he is housebroken, he will be able to just roam around with everyone at night and be well behaved enough that it isn't annoying.
The only struggle I am having right now is crate training! It is hard because he will sit in his crate if I am in the room and not create too much of a fuss, but if I leave the room he starts howling really loudly and he doesn't really stop crying even when I come back into the room. However, this is how he used to react if I left him just in the bedroom, so I am hoping that he will get used to it and eventually stop howling! I really want the potty training period to be over and done with!!
Commands he knows:
1. Sit - he will sit for everything! It is so great. Anytime he wants something (food, toy, treat, to go outside, put on his leash) he will sit and look at me with a face that says, "Look how good I am! Give me what I want!" And let's be honest, it is hard not to cave!
2. Water - he knows this means I will pick up his water bowl and we will walk outside of my room and he follows me into the bathroom to fill his bowl and then back into his crate in my bedroom to drink his water.
3. Treat - probably his most favorite word. I can get him to listen to me and do anything I say if the word treat is involved!
4. In your crate - I still have to motion to his crate with this one, but he gets it and will run in, turn around and promptly sit looking up at me to get his food/treat. Too cute.
This next week at class we are learning down, drop it, and hopefully come.
He also has started playing fetch. He loves to play. Often if I am not paying attention to him he will pick up a toy and come and drop it continually on my feet until I get the idea that I am supposed to throw it so he can run after it. There is something so cute about him bringing me the toy back when he jumps in my lap at the end.
We have started small amounts of time outside my bedroom in the main apartment. I am hoping he will slowly get used to it and then in a couple months time when he is housebroken, he will be able to just roam around with everyone at night and be well behaved enough that it isn't annoying.
The only struggle I am having right now is crate training! It is hard because he will sit in his crate if I am in the room and not create too much of a fuss, but if I leave the room he starts howling really loudly and he doesn't really stop crying even when I come back into the room. However, this is how he used to react if I left him just in the bedroom, so I am hoping that he will get used to it and eventually stop howling! I really want the potty training period to be over and done with!!

No comments:
Post a Comment