Monday, May 30, 2011

New Coffee Table

Well in my hurry to get everything done in only 3 days I completely forgot to take a before picture of this table! Sad day. Before it was all wood and had these heinous goldish knobs. The wood was all nicked and there were also metal things at the bottom. It used to be taller as well, but it was too high to be a coffee table so we definitely cut it to be shorter. Now it is the same height as my trunk and my pullout dinner trays. Perfect! I have to be honest, I kind of love the finished product and it gives us more table surface space and the wood won't chip paint over time which is a definite plus over the old trunk. Hope you like it!
So here is a picture of the front - I just noticed that the drawer isn't pushed in all the way...that will annoy me. Oh well. So this used to be the same color as the top, but I sanded it down, primed and painted it black and then put these new knobs on that match the knobs on that dinner tray table that I also redid.

You can faintly see the inlaid work on the top which is why my mom and I decided to leave the top wood. There are cool diagonal designs which give the table a funky edge. Also you can kind of tell in this picture just how long the table is. It is almost the entire length of my couch which gives us a lot more surface space which is really nice. Also, my brother Mitch literally hand sawed the legs so that the table is now 17" tall so it sits at the perfect height. All in all I have to say what a great $20 investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment