So I thought I would start off my new year's post with a couple things I'm grateful for (as much of a reminder to me as a good thing):
1. My family - I have especially loved having James and Parker living out at my parent's house this past year. It is so much fun seeing them once a week and being part of their lives. I mean just check out that cheesy grin. Who wouldn't love that??
2. Good friends - I would post a bunch of pictures but it wouldn't really suffice. Just look back through my old posts to find my favorites. They definitely make a couple appearances.
3. The ability to travel! I finally checked off a to-do item: Go to Greece!! I loved my trip with Meghan this past summer. It was such a blast. She is the best travel buddy ever. And I am even more excited to go to my next destination: Israel, Jordan, and Egypt. Bring it on!
Which brings me to my hopes and dreams for 2011. I have lots I'm sure but here are a couple of things on my year to-do list:
1. Go back to school - not technically what I really wanted to be doing but I am excited just as well. I start up my classes at NYU in February. Hopefully it won't kick my butt attempting to work full time and take two classes.
2. Travel - as mentioned above, Meghan and I are planning our next escape to Israel, Jordan (more specifically Petra) and then ending in Cairo with the pyramids. Can't wait. And it will add another continent to my travel list!
3. Read at least 6 classics this year. Sometimes I feel like classic novels are the hardest to get through (i.e. my starting Vanity Fair at least a dozen times and yet to finish...). So my goal is to read a classic novel every other month. That way I can still do the fun, "easy" reads as well.
4. Do more cultural stuff - I have been pretty remiss about the theater lately. Shocking I know! I want to be hitting at least one thing a month whether it be an opera (yes please!), ballet or broadway show. I live in the best city for entertainment I should probably take part in it.
5. Even though Dad says no - my ultimate goal is to have a puppy by the end of the year! Ah! So excited. I want a puppy to name Sawyer (see obsession for LOST for the name choice) and can't wait. Although - I am NOT getting a purse dog (gross) so I have to do some research on a really good midsized dog that I can take running with me in Central Park.
So there are some of my more fun goals for the year. The personal ones I will keep just that. Hope this new year finds all of you healthy and happy and here's to fantabulous 2011!!




Love it Hayley! Great goals....except the puppy, makes me nervous for you and your apartment! ;)
ReplyDelete