Thursday, May 12, 2011

Movie Review - THOR

So last weekend a group of us went to go see THOR: God of Thunder. I have been excited for this movie for a long time. First - because I love comic movies, second- because Kenneth Branagh directed it and third - because have you seen the leading man?? GORGEOUS! I could sit through anything that has him walking around for a couple hours. Especially in those scenes where he is shirtless. Feel objectified buddy. Oh, and let's pretend that the last reason isn't really the first reason why I went to see this movie.

So my review: I liked it! The romantic thread between Thor and Natalie Portman was lame, as is usually the case. There was no development to their being in love with eachother and no foundation for any kind of  a relationship. I am not sure if they shot scenes that framed it better that got deleted out or if the relationship was written poorly. Anyways, she seems like a nerdy sidekick that's googley eyed over his hotness factor and then all of a sudden he is in love with her. Random.

The rest of the movie was great. There were some good actors, great action, some good one liners and pretty decent effects. It was entertaining to say the least. I would put it on par with the first Iron Man. And speaking of Iron Man, and Thor, and the Hulk (and Captain America might I add!!!!) I am very excited for The Avengers movie that Marvel comics is going to do. I think it will be pretty epic. Of course that is after the amazing Captain America movie comes out this summer. I am stoked.

Well - if you want to be entertained go see THOR and you will definitely leave the theater happy, especially if you are a girl and you like men that look like this:
SHAZAAM! He is gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment