Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Countdown

Well, sadly summer is almost over. It has been a fun filled couple of months with lots of beach time, going to all the action movies that came out with my friend Jim, some baseball games (the last one of the summer on Friday), playing with Sawyer in the park, a smidge of travel and all in all great weather for NYC. We only had 2 maybe 3 weeks worth of awful weather. The rest of the time it has been 80's and not too humid. Win-win. But, as much as I love summer, I am obsessed with Fall! Here are some of the things I am excited about that are coming up:

1. FOOTBALL! Yes, it is first and in all caps. Last night Dustin and I watched the real first preseason game for the Giants (let's all agree that last week against Carolina was just awful and therefore doesn't count) Also, I am pretty excited to be able to watch all the BYU games not on my computer (illegally cough cough) but on ESPN! Suh-weet. My goal is to watch a couple of the BYU games in a sports bar in NYC. Sounds surreal.

2. Traveling! Me and Megs are counting down the days and unofficially one month from today I will be packing my bags and getting ready to head to Istanbul, Ephesus, Rhodes, Jerusalem, Nazareth, Galilee, and Mykenos for two weeks. It is going to be awesome.

3. The weather/clothes. We are already getting the gorgeous fall weather here - it is in the 70's and crisp  with a light wind. I love jeans and boots with a scarf and a leather jacket. It is one of my favorite outfits and is perfect for walking around checking out the foliage in Central Park with my pup.

4. The leaves changing. Call me sentimental but there is nothing that compares to New England in the fall! I love the colors here they are just breathtaking. I am also excited because we are planning a trip up to Farview (the family house in VT) to help the Grandparent's pack it up before they sell it and perhaps do a little looting. I am excited for the loot, but very excited for the beautiful drive up there with all the leaves.

Well there you have it. My countdown list of things in Fall that I am very excited about. Hope you all have fun things planned as well!

1 comment:

  1. i canNOT wait for a)BYU football on ESPN (and watching it in an NYC bar sounds freakin awesome!) and b)fall clothes. I'm assuming I still have another month at least before I can do that. sigh. oh well...

    ReplyDelete