So perhaps if you have seen my Facebook page this week you will have noticed a couple posts and pictures about something with my left ankle. Well here is the story.
Place: Curbside in New York City (across the street from Riverside Park)
Culprit:
This fellow above. Oh sure he looks all innocent, but if it weren't for him I wouldn't have been up at 6:30 with running clothes on! Just kidding. He is so cute and so worth it. The real culprit is Mayor Bloomberg who doesn't have a standard for a completely smooth manhole covering to asphalt ratio. The ground was slightly uneven ergo rolled ankle as I stepped off the curb.
Place: Curbside in New York City (across the street from Riverside Park)
Culprit:
This fellow above. Oh sure he looks all innocent, but if it weren't for him I wouldn't have been up at 6:30 with running clothes on! Just kidding. He is so cute and so worth it. The real culprit is Mayor Bloomberg who doesn't have a standard for a completely smooth manhole covering to asphalt ratio. The ground was slightly uneven ergo rolled ankle as I stepped off the curb.
So I went home and put on some ice and elevated it. Any person who has ever had a sports injury knows RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation). And I worked from home from my bed. While the cute little guy slept on the bed next to me. To my surprise when I unwrapped my ace bandage I found this:
Crazy! My ankle bone doesn't even exist - and it has only gotten worse! That doesn't show all the purply bruising that has since happened. I went to the doctor this morning. Not broken, but possible torn ligaments. That is his guess from all the bruising/internal bleeding. So....I got a cute ol' walking boot and will be sporting it for the next 2 weeks. Lame. Oh well. Hopefully it gets better soon and until then I can at least walk like a normal person. Kind of.

No comments:
Post a Comment