Friday, January 21, 2011

Sickness

So it is definitely true that pride goeth before the fall - I always brag about my ability to never get sick. I got mono my sophomore year in college but since then, I have been extremely healthy. Rarely if ever am I sick and I attributed that to my amazingly awesome immune system. However, my immune system has been letting me down of late. Not only was I sick with the stomach flu during my week off between Christmas and New Years, but I have been struggling with the regular cold/flu illness for the past couple days. Nothing really seems to help. Then this girl at work told me about these drinks that she loves:
Apparently, FRS was created to help chemo patients have sustained energy and immune system boost (which would have been great to know last year when my mom was a chemo patient...). Athletes use it too so they can get that extra energy without a crash from caffeine or sugar. Needless to say, I stayed home from work on Wednesday and then left work early on Thursday because I felt awful. My co-worker told me to get some of these drinks from the building's bodega before I went home. I did and I felt awesome. I was still obviously sick, but I felt hungry (which was a first for 2 days) and I had enough energy to go to my pilates class last night. So, not necessarily a miracle worker since I am still sick, but I do feel better and hopefully with the Dayquil I am knocking back I will kick this cold's butt and be back to an awesome immune system!

1 comment:

  1. this is something i must investigate! my immune system is awful! miss ya!

    ReplyDelete