Friday, January 14, 2011

A Little Something

Well awhile ago my mom's friend Ellen was having a massive garage sale and my mom went to help her out. While there she saw this table:
So the cool thing about this table as you can see is that is has four little "dinner trays" that come out. But it is compact. My mom saw it and thought it would be great for a NYC apt. She was right. However, I wasn't loving the color and the table had a lot of nicks and was missing some knobs. So I decided at some point that I would repaint it and give it some love. Well, over this past weekend I finally got around to my painting project. Here is the result:

I bought some big pewter knobs from Target and painted it a matte black with a gloss on top. I like it so much more! And the best part is that the trays that come out are the exact same height as the trunk we use as our coffee table, so we are able to pull them all out and make a big square table for group dinners. Perfect! And since my mom is teaching a decorating class she wanted to use my table transformation as an example of how paint can make a great change with little cost. Glad to be of service!

1 comment: