So, our last day in Italia! We finally did the main Roma stuff: aka the Colosseum, the Forum, the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain by day, the chariot racing track at Circus Maximus and souvenir shopping just for kicks! Well we started out our day normally by picking up our fruit bowls for breakfast on our way down the street and then we ran into our good buddy Juliano again! Now, after the opera on Saturday night we had said goodbye and then quickly walked over to the Trevi fountain to take pics. What we didn't know is that Juliano had chased after us to see if we wanted to go for drinks but we had walked off too fast and so he missed us. We were sad we had missed that because I think it would have been really fun to go with them. But, on the up side we got to say goodbye one more time, get in our picture, and be close enough friends to have our 2 kiss parting. After that we walked down to the Colosseum (which let's be honest is always amazing) and then walked around the forum. After that I was excited to pick up my inappropriate aprons for my roommate who is about to get married. Naturally she and her husband should have a David and a naked Venus apron (his and hers) for their married life together. Fortunately they are the kind of people to find them funny and not offensive. So here are some of the rest of our pics from our stay in Roma!
LOVED these masks. I loved Venizia because of all the masks everywhere. Unfortunately I couldn't find any that I loved enough to buy one and bring home, but we did sneak a picture and seriously contemplate throwing masquerade parties just to make the price of the mask worth it.
Sweaty and hot on the Spanish Steps
My oh so lovely traveling companion. Doesn't she look a little Roman Holiday-esque in her cue red polka-dot dress? I think so too.

No comments:
Post a Comment