Friday, September 24, 2010

Santorini: Day 7

Well, our last day in Santorini was bittersweet. We were well rested and antsy to move on to Athens (and a little sunburnt as well) but we absolutely LOVED our stay on Santorini. I think hands down this is by far one of my most favorite places I have ever visited. So amazing. Since today all we did was sit by the pool and then take a bus to the airport, I am leaving you with some of my favorite shots of this beautiful island.
 Don't know why but I absolutely LOVED this little blue door. I was so entranced by it.
O
Oia at sunset. This is the new background on my laptop. 
T
The view from our restaurant down the streets of Oia after dark. So pretty.
I
It's amazing how pictures fail to capture what it is you see. All the houses in the cliff lit up at night was so breathtakingly beautiful. This photo does very little to capture that magic. You can kind of tell where different homes and businesses cast different colored lights on the outside walls, making a rainbow of lights across the island. You can kind of tell the light in the direct center is a green color. This place was seriously so amazing and tiny and quaint. I very much felt like I was in a movie the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment