Saturday, September 18, 2010

Viva Roma: Day 1

So we started in Roma after a most horrible layover in Charles de Gaul Airport in Paris - by far the worst airport I have ever been in! At least we look cute in our picture:
We arrived on Friday around 1pm in Roma and after finally figuring out where our hostel was, we dropped our bags and started walking around. I was a little intimidated because I have been to Roma before so I was attempting to play tourguide. First thing on the agenda was, of course, gelatto! I remember from last time that we went to a really great fancy gelatto place near the government building with the chariots on top - so we started walking in that general direction... So we never found that particular gelatto joint, but we did stumble upon the Roman Forum and the Colosseum. Since we had been awake for quite some time and had traveled we were really tired so after walking around the streets we got some dinner - pizza of course! However, the pizza we got for only 6 Euro were the size of our faces so we ate half at dinner and brought the rest back to our hostel to eat later. We headed back to the hostel to eat, shower and sleep.
Of course we ate the rest of our pizza and then proceeded to watch reruns of Brooke Knows Best on MTV. The perfect way to end our first day in Roma! Hopefully the next day we would be a little more energetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment