So last night we finally got to visit teach one of our girls who hasn't been at church for over a month. Lori and I were a little nervous about how she would react to us knocking on her door but Jane turned out to be awesome. She is really cool. We were there for over an hour before any of us realized it. Amazing. Anyways, I was in charge of the lesson which I'm not going to lie is sometimes hard. I read the RS lessons and am not really sure how to apply it to being young and single.
Anyways, I was reading this month's lesson and trying to figure out what I thought applies and there was one sentence that I really liked about "increasing your offering". I sat and contemplated what that really meant for me and what I figured I thought I would share, just in case the rest of you care. So I decided that I would honestly sit down and write out what it is that I am really doing right now for my spiritual welfare and the welfare of others. Next I want to make a list of all the things that are completely do-able but I find to be "inconvenient" so I just don't do them. Then I will pick one thing off my list at a time and work hard at really integrating it into my life and then move on to the next item, etc.
So the three of us went around the room and each gave something that we wanted to be better at doing so that we could keep track of each other's goals and have some accountability. So to increase my accountability I thought I would discuss my first goal - since it isn't crazy personal.
I was recently called to the Temple & Family History committee as the co-chair for my ward. Which is great. When I first got back from my mission, and when I first moved to the city I was attending the temple once a week. I have since fallen off that bandwagon for probably the past 9 months - I have maybe gone 3-4 times total. So, my first goal is to get back to the temple on a regular basis. I do have a brand new pup so I might not make it every week, but I should be able to do every other, especially considering the temple is only a couple stops away on my subway line.
Anyways, food for thought to decide how each of us can sincerely increase our offering to the Lord and become more useful in building His kingdom. Happy Wednesday!
Anyways, I was reading this month's lesson and trying to figure out what I thought applies and there was one sentence that I really liked about "increasing your offering". I sat and contemplated what that really meant for me and what I figured I thought I would share, just in case the rest of you care. So I decided that I would honestly sit down and write out what it is that I am really doing right now for my spiritual welfare and the welfare of others. Next I want to make a list of all the things that are completely do-able but I find to be "inconvenient" so I just don't do them. Then I will pick one thing off my list at a time and work hard at really integrating it into my life and then move on to the next item, etc.
So the three of us went around the room and each gave something that we wanted to be better at doing so that we could keep track of each other's goals and have some accountability. So to increase my accountability I thought I would discuss my first goal - since it isn't crazy personal.
I was recently called to the Temple & Family History committee as the co-chair for my ward. Which is great. When I first got back from my mission, and when I first moved to the city I was attending the temple once a week. I have since fallen off that bandwagon for probably the past 9 months - I have maybe gone 3-4 times total. So, my first goal is to get back to the temple on a regular basis. I do have a brand new pup so I might not make it every week, but I should be able to do every other, especially considering the temple is only a couple stops away on my subway line.
Anyways, food for thought to decide how each of us can sincerely increase our offering to the Lord and become more useful in building His kingdom. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment