So unless you live under a rock (or just don't follow my blog...probably the latter) you know that 2.5 weeks ago I got a puppy. It has been a rollercoaster ride with very little sleep that I somehow don't care about when he just curls up on my lap or chest wanting to cuddle. Too cute. My roommates made the comment the other day that he is getting so much bigger and I was shocked! Since I spend a lot of time with him every day I didn't really notice it. So I decided to take a picture to compare.
This is Sawyer the very first day I had him with his best pal "Humphrey":
And this is a pic I took of him last night, with Humphrey right behind him. I think the best way to gage his growth is to look at how big Humphrey looks in the picture above and then how small he looks in comparison in the picture below:
Crazy, right?? (And yes, those are 8lb dumbells that I am using to hold the gate against the wall where my desk and computer cords are...otherwise he just pushes it aside little rascal!) He also has unofficially gained 1.5lbs gaged by weighing myself with and without Sawyer to come up with the difference. He weighed 7lbs at his first vet visit and he weighed 8.6lbs on Saturday when I attempted to weigh him. He gets his next round of shots this Saturday and he is officially signed up for Puppy Kindergarten starting May 14th (which I'm sure will give me lots of stories!). Anyways, it has been a blast being a mom and I can't wait till this little tyke has grown up a little bit and has some solid training under his belt so that I feel comfortable letting him roam around the apartment at night.
This is Sawyer the very first day I had him with his best pal "Humphrey":
And this is a pic I took of him last night, with Humphrey right behind him. I think the best way to gage his growth is to look at how big Humphrey looks in the picture above and then how small he looks in comparison in the picture below:
Crazy, right?? (And yes, those are 8lb dumbells that I am using to hold the gate against the wall where my desk and computer cords are...otherwise he just pushes it aside little rascal!) He also has unofficially gained 1.5lbs gaged by weighing myself with and without Sawyer to come up with the difference. He weighed 7lbs at his first vet visit and he weighed 8.6lbs on Saturday when I attempted to weigh him. He gets his next round of shots this Saturday and he is officially signed up for Puppy Kindergarten starting May 14th (which I'm sure will give me lots of stories!). Anyways, it has been a blast being a mom and I can't wait till this little tyke has grown up a little bit and has some solid training under his belt so that I feel comfortable letting him roam around the apartment at night.



No comments:
Post a Comment