Monday, April 18, 2011

Epic Fail

So the weekend was low key and semi-productive. I cleaned the apartment, attempted to clean my bedroom with Sawyer underfoot, and got some laundry done while he was sleeping. It was terrential thunderstorms out so I didn't take him to the park except for once in the morning and once around noon. He didn't like me so much. But that is not the epic fail part.

So - numerous times (okay, only like 3) in my life I have been asked by someone, let's say he is a male person, to do something. Like, watch the superbowl and he will make homemade pizza, or go ice skating in the park, or have a Friday Night Lights marathon where we can bask in our shared love of football. Now these have been on three very separate occasions over the past couple of years with three different male someones. My problem? I apparently miss any and every signal and end up inviting people along - to what then ends up being this guy, me and at least two of my friends.

Now this past occurrence happened this weekend. A guy I have been friends with for a long time but have never hung out with one on one asked to do something. It was completely out of the blue so I decided this would be one of those times where I made sure to NOT invite anyone along. So things are going well and we are chilling at my apartment and it hits about 10:30 or so...and I start to feel guilty. I feel guilty that Sawyer is all alone in my bedroom and I am home and perfectly capable of playing with him for a little bit. So I ask said friend if he minds and he says no of course not. So I go and get Sawyer out.

EPIC FAIL!!

Sawyer was a terror! I ended up leaving this guy alone in my apartment on my couch ( I know...I  know!!) to take Sawyer to the park because he would NOT settle down. Then we came back and Sawyer was still acting crazy, so I took him back into my bedroom and sat with him for awhile until he calmed down. When I was finished...there were literally only 5 minutes left to the movie.

Epic fail.

I have since attempted to do damage control with the guy and I have learned my lesson - that if I don't want Sawyer to be the only man in my life I leave him in the bedroom while I have human males around. Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment