This was the year I turned the big 2-9. Guys. I'm old. Fortunately I had a really great lowkey birthday. I took it off like I always do and had fun relaxing and receiving 3 different flower bouqets! I felt so loved.
I also made sure to hit the ballet and get some Romeo & Juliet in for my birthday.
I also made sure to hit the ballet and get some Romeo & Juliet in for my birthday.
I love my season ballet tickets and getting all dolled up. Makes me feel classy, lol.
So I just wanted something lowkey for my birthday this year. So I decided to have a picnic brunch in the park. We made some delicious food: cornmeal blueberry pancakes, sweet potatoes, mini eqq frittatas, fresh fruit, sangria for the coworkers, bacon. Mmm soo good.
Then to top off the celebrations, my boo Ash decided to cook me homemade Indian food using spices I brought her back from India. Oh my gosh soo good. Those homemade mango lassies were delicious as well. This year I also decided on a pretty special birthday present to myself. I have been wanting a tattoo for a very long time, but was never quite sure what I would get. I wanted something that was meaningful. I was talking to my sister in law because I decided that I wanted two Japanese characters - struggle & strength. She told me about the koi fish legend in Japanese culture and said that it symbolized those two characters. When I read the background I started crying. It was exactly the symbol that I wanted on my skin reminding me every day that I have the strength or will find the strength to overcome some of the hard things that have happened in my life. Obviously I won't get into details on a blog of all places, but some of you who know me best know to what I refer. I love my tattoo and everything it represents.
Getting the tattoo. I don't think I've had anything hurt like this before! It hurt so bad!
The final product. The character says strength. I absolutely love this. He did an amazing job.






No comments:
Post a Comment