So...I decided that I give up on trying to catch up on the other 6 months that happened this year between my birthday and Christmas. So, I will just jump in at Christmas and call it good. For all intents and purposes it was a really good year. Obviously I was really busy doing things and I guess it is better to be out and living life than have the time to actually blog about it, lol. Let's be honest, I was just too lazy and too distracted.
Christmas this year was a quiet fun affair. The kiddos came over with Warner and Kathy and I got to spend some quality time chasing them around the house and reading books and marveling at how much they are learning to communicate. They are insane - Japanese, English and baby sign language. They are completely adorable.
Christmas this year was a quiet fun affair. The kiddos came over with Warner and Kathy and I got to spend some quality time chasing them around the house and reading books and marveling at how much they are learning to communicate. They are insane - Japanese, English and baby sign language. They are completely adorable.
Kathy caught this moment of me reading to the kids. I love it. Musashi looks so serious, per usual.
Mitch and Hunt got the job of lighting the luminaries on our section of the sidewalk. This is a Christmas Eve tradition that I love about Chatham. There is something so peaceful and wonderful at looking outside the window and seeing these candles glowing in front of every house in our town. Love New England customs.
My parents' mantle and Christmas tree. I love how decked out my house gets for Christmas every year. It is beautiful and definitely gets me in the Christmas spirit!
Blake and Worm opening their Christmas PJ's. Blake didn't really get the gift opening thing Christmas Eve, but he and Miya had it completely down by the next morning!
My parents thought they were funny and got me a onesie PJ set that even had cat faces on the feet. The best part? Me and Miya matching in our leopard print.
It was a great Christmas Eve - burritos, Christmas PJ's, the present game (including Hunter's 15 year old retainer that still makes an appearance every year) and we ended the night cuddling on the couch with my dad and two baby bros.
Like I said, the kids totally got the present concept down by Christmas morning. Miya would get this surprised look on her face anytime anyone started to open a present. Blake was content to sit and play with the toys still in the box. He got lots of cars and a train set and Miya got a doll whose hair turns pink when you give her a bath.
The calm before the madness. And yes....the twins were on leashes so they couldn't make it too far. Now that they are both very mobile we have to keep a close eye on them, plus it adds to their cuteness level.
Ash came out for Christmas day with our family. It took the babies a minute to warm up, but they definitely did. It was nice to have her a part of the celebrations and sitting around doing nothing but play with babies all day part of Christmas. Hope you all had a great Christmas this year!



sounds like a very wonderful christmas :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun you got to have Ash there!
ReplyDelete