So last Saturday I woke up at the awful hour of 5:30am
in order to make a 7:00am bus up to Boston to visit one of my favorite people: Meghan. She is my travel buddy but we didn't go on a trip this year (see: India trip next March!!), so I haven't seen her this year. Needless to say I was pretty excited to see her.
We started out with just meandering through the streets of Boston to decide where to eat lunch, and typical Meghan, we went in search of food trucks. We had the most amazing grilled cheese sandwiches from Roxy's Grilled Cheese truck.
We got the same thing: Fall Melt. It had cheddar, sweet potatoes, apples, raisins and came with a rosemary maple syrup dip and then we got fries cooked in truffle oil with rosemary on the side. It was the best whitetrash thanksgiving meal I have ever had. But really.
Then we just walked around some more and stopped at the Bodega shoe store. It is a high end sneaker retail store that is located in a tiny bodega. You walk in and in the back there is a snapple vending machine that is a sliding door that opens into this schmancy sneaker store. It was obviously geared towards guys since the girls section was literally this tiny mini shelf in the back. But it was still pretty legit.
Then we wandered through a park for a little bit and got hit on by 19 year old skaters. It was strangely awkward and flattering all at the same time. To top off our 1 day (aka 8ish hours together) we decided to try some Senegalese food at Teranga in the historical South End. The food was amazing, the service was terrible. The restaurant was packed and there are only 2 waitresses and she messed up our order and didn't bring one of our entrees and then the women sitting next to us were there for 45 minutes before someone even took their order. I ended up getting my entree to go, so I have some Mafe to try when I get home for dinner tonight.
It was a great trip and I loved spending some quality time with my girl. I can't wait til March 2013 Megs!!
in order to make a 7:00am bus up to Boston to visit one of my favorite people: Meghan. She is my travel buddy but we didn't go on a trip this year (see: India trip next March!!), so I haven't seen her this year. Needless to say I was pretty excited to see her.
We started out with just meandering through the streets of Boston to decide where to eat lunch, and typical Meghan, we went in search of food trucks. We had the most amazing grilled cheese sandwiches from Roxy's Grilled Cheese truck.
We got the same thing: Fall Melt. It had cheddar, sweet potatoes, apples, raisins and came with a rosemary maple syrup dip and then we got fries cooked in truffle oil with rosemary on the side. It was the best whitetrash thanksgiving meal I have ever had. But really.
Then we just walked around some more and stopped at the Bodega shoe store. It is a high end sneaker retail store that is located in a tiny bodega. You walk in and in the back there is a snapple vending machine that is a sliding door that opens into this schmancy sneaker store. It was obviously geared towards guys since the girls section was literally this tiny mini shelf in the back. But it was still pretty legit.
Then we wandered through a park for a little bit and got hit on by 19 year old skaters. It was strangely awkward and flattering all at the same time. To top off our 1 day (aka 8ish hours together) we decided to try some Senegalese food at Teranga in the historical South End. The food was amazing, the service was terrible. The restaurant was packed and there are only 2 waitresses and she messed up our order and didn't bring one of our entrees and then the women sitting next to us were there for 45 minutes before someone even took their order. I ended up getting my entree to go, so I have some Mafe to try when I get home for dinner tonight.
It was a great trip and I loved spending some quality time with my girl. I can't wait til March 2013 Megs!!



No comments:
Post a Comment