Pretty rockin' weekend if I do say so myself! Saturday started off with brunch at Beauty & Essex and the food was DIVINE. I will only rub it in a little bit by saying we ate cornbread waffles, grilled cheese dumplings in tomato soup (sooo good), and homemade pineapple mint and strawberry lemonade ice cream. I officially gained 20 pounds in one sitting.
That night, Julia (my roommate) and her twin sister Alina who was visiting and I went out to Coney Island for the night. The weather was perfect. It rained the entire subway ride there and then when we got out, the humidity cleared, there was a great breeze off the ocean and the night was perfect. Of course we did all the favorite Coney Island activities - we ate Nathan's for dinner, rode the Wonder Wheel (in the swinging cars of course), left preggers Alina with our purses for the Cyclone (which is possibly one of the best roller coasters in the entire world), and then finished up with some funnel cake.
Then Monday we headed out to our usual beach spot - Long Beach, Long Island for the day. We were worried we might be wrestling with some thunderstorms but the weather was beautiful. It was mid-80's with a breeze and blue skies. The water was freezing, but once you got in it was great and the waves were big and fun to swim through. I am slightly pink all over but it was a great way to kick off summer officially. Also - I read an entire book in the morning alone it was that good. I will do a book review of that book tomorrow.
So happy Memorial Day everyone and thanks to all our past, present and future military!
That night, Julia (my roommate) and her twin sister Alina who was visiting and I went out to Coney Island for the night. The weather was perfect. It rained the entire subway ride there and then when we got out, the humidity cleared, there was a great breeze off the ocean and the night was perfect. Of course we did all the favorite Coney Island activities - we ate Nathan's for dinner, rode the Wonder Wheel (in the swinging cars of course), left preggers Alina with our purses for the Cyclone (which is possibly one of the best roller coasters in the entire world), and then finished up with some funnel cake.
Then Monday we headed out to our usual beach spot - Long Beach, Long Island for the day. We were worried we might be wrestling with some thunderstorms but the weather was beautiful. It was mid-80's with a breeze and blue skies. The water was freezing, but once you got in it was great and the waves were big and fun to swim through. I am slightly pink all over but it was a great way to kick off summer officially. Also - I read an entire book in the morning alone it was that good. I will do a book review of that book tomorrow.
So happy Memorial Day everyone and thanks to all our past, present and future military!




No comments:
Post a Comment