Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Schooling Update

So...yeah, remember that one time I was taking classes at NYU? I do. Here's an update.

My professor is obnoxious beyond belief. He is in his 50's trying to act like he's in his 20's, for example he tells inappropriate jokes that I won't retell and then is constantly using the same lines to try and get us to laugh and warm up to him (but they aren't funny the first time, or the time where you use lines at least once every single class). He also is not a great teacher - if someone isn't sure or has the wrong answer he just says "no" or "you don't know what's going on" and rather than walking them through it he just moves on to another person. Horrible!

There are about 15 of us in this class and we are all 20's/early 30's, and either I am really smart or they are all really... not smart. Not sure which. I usually spend the last 30 minutes of class bored out of my mind while my classmates attempt to finish the in-class problems, and then get them wrong. I don't want this to sound like wow I'm so smart, but just that I guess actually doing accounting for 6 months before taking an accounting class is a good idea. It makes the class really easy and really boring (and I am pretty dang smart on top of that!).

The only thing I can say is good thing I'm not personally paying my tuition...

2 comments:

  1. ha! love the description of the prof! and you are totally smart! loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right the teacher is completely inappropriate and lacks maturity....As for your judgement of your peer students, no comment...

    ReplyDelete