Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to...ME!

So to kick of the birthday festivities, I met up with my friends Larissa and Amanda for dinner chez Daniela's (VERY good Italian right off Times Sq on 45th and 8th). I met Larissa last year in Vietnam volunteering and she was over from the UK visiting and got to meet up for dinner. Amanda is one of the best friends so it only seems fitting that she would come in. Then Amanda and I went to go see Next to Normal. It was fantastic. After we returned back to my apt I opened my present from Amanda and to my surprise and utter delight she gave me a Tim Riggins jersey!! I was so excited. Click on the link for the beginning of my obsession with him. 

The following day (on my actual birthday) we headed out to Coney Island for...the Mermaid Parade! It is a New York tradition where crazy people from all over the city dress up in nautical costumes and create nautical themed floats. We got there right on time for our front row seats! So fantastic. After that great (and slightly irreverent) parade I came home and got dolled up to go to the ballet. I love the ballet. It makes me tear up everytime! This night I went to see Sleeping Beauty and I was not disappointed. Quite the birthday celebration.

However, we did not do the big par-tay until the following week because it was just too much stress and too many people were out of town on the actual day. So months ago I blogged about this birthday party idea I had to do a 1920's murder mystery night. Let's just say total success! It was a blast. Everyone (especially the guys) got super into it and the costumes were great. I have included some of the great pics of the night below (for a complete listing see my facebook page).
The apartment decorated for the event - with the help of my friend Jen. It looked great!
My costume as hostess: Black flapper dress & headband and of course my flapper beads. I did have gloves on at the beginning of the night but it was way too hot to wear them the whole time.
 A small portion of the group at the end of the night. Two of the guys here were murdered at some point during the night - and my friend Kaisha there has a makeup black eye from when she got hit. Did I mention this was so much fun?
Above and below were some of the guys that came. They seriously got more into the acting side than the girls. It was so great.
It was seriously so much fun. Thanks to all for a fantastic birthday and a fantastic celebration!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a birthday! I am glad everything worked out so successfully! You look fabulous! I love, love, love the party costumes. The parade - well I'm not so sure, but the ballet sounds great too:) I am so glad your friends took care of you too. You definitely deserved a fantastic birthday.

    ReplyDelete