When we first met girl... - well no this is NOT a post about Michael Jackson, but I thought I would do a response post to miss Wendy Uptain's post about my visit Punk Rock Princess. We did nothing but listen to the music that made us friends and remembered so many things that were sparked by a fantastic melody. In honor of that great weekend in DC, I have decided to put together a list of some of the best music we listened to those first years of college when Wendy and I went to concerts, got CDs from my cousin Steve, played crazy games with Javi at the cabin, ran around the apt, played practical jokes with Lis on her then boyfriend and many other shennanigans (Wen - feel free to jump in and list any I have forgotten) in no apparent order:
1. Track 3 - Days Away (never sure what the title of the song ever was...)
2. Jude Law & a Semester Abroad / Seventy Times Seven - Brand New
3. My Only - Yellowcard
4. Anything and Everything by Something Corporate *Wait and *Konstantine especially
5. Swing Swing - All American Rejects
6. Scratch and/or Radio Player - Allister
7. **Ataris**
8. Anything by Dashboard
9. Grand Theft Autumn - Fall Out Boy
10. Half Life - Duncan Sheik
11. Killing Me - Graham Colton
12. All of Jimmy Eat World (which we have yet to see in concert...let's remedy that!)
13. Embers and Envelopes - Mae
14. Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
15. Tiger Lily - Matchbook Romance
16. Something I call a Personality or Head On Collision - New Found Glory (our first concert together)
17. On My Way - Off by One
18. It's Not Easy - Red West
19. Mood Rings - Relient K
20. Over it - Rufio
21. Free Fall Without a Parachute - Senses Fail
22. Up and Go - The Starting Line
23. Existentialism on Prom Night - Straylight Run
24. There's no I in Team - Taking Back Sunday
25. Taste of Ink - The Used
Wendy - it has been a fabulous 8 years of friendship and I am excited to add more music to our repertoire of hits!

Well, although the punk rockin usually started after my bedtime, I'm gonna have to add anything by All-Amerian Rejects in honor of drives to the cabin with your cousin. Javi so hot right now! The end
ReplyDelete