Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Screwtape Letters

So I have to admit that I was extremely intrigued by this. I mean I love C.S. Lewis and I love this book, but I didn't know what to expect from a play version. It was a 2 person play - there was Screwtape and his minion (who was kind of awkward even though she didn't have any lines). Basically the play was all Screwtape dictating his letters to Wormwood and the minion writing the letters. You know what Wormwood writes in his letters because there is a bit of a recap at the beginning of each of Screwtape's letters. It was definitely a different experience hearing the words aloud, but I definitely prefer the book to the play. Any good lines or power that the play had was from the book and C.S. Lewis' writing so my recommendation is to read the book rather than spend $40 to go see the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment