Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Addams Family

Duh duh duh duh (snap snap) duh duh duh duh (snap snap) - oh well, you know how the rest goes! Interesting part of the score - the original theme song was only used at the very beginning and at the very end of the musical for the opening and closing of the curtains. 

Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth were hilarious. The music was better than I imagined it would be. The set was FANTASTIC! They even had things that moved on their own. Uncle Fester was the star of the show I have to say. Nathan Lane was so entertaining and fantastic but Uncle Fester's character was outstanding. 

Here is my only disappointment... Terrence Mann. I LOVE him. He was Javert, the Beast and the Scarlet Pimpernel (my favorite role of his). He is in this musical and I was so excited to see him. I was disappointed. Not that he was bad. He was great. I was disappointed because he did not sing as much as I wanted him to! We got know amazing notes from him. The score was not written to be sung by a big voice. Everything is quirky and light and therefore Mann's ability to put so much feeling and emotion and hit notes that give you chills was not really needed in this particular role. 

Other than that though - it was fantastic. Very entertaining and well done. Each character is acted so well. Don't drink a lot before the show because you will be laughing pretty hard and the last thing your neighbors want is for you to laugh so hard you pee your pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment