So a couple friends and I finally got our tickets to go see Once and I must say that it did NOT disappoint. Which should be proven by the 11 Tony nods it got and I think it won almost all of them, including Best Musical. Which is impressive. So in case you haven't seen the movie or listened to the music from the show here is a highlights clip:
The whole cast is amazing. There is no orchestra - it is the cast that plays all of the music. It is pretty cool to watch how they integrate it all in to the show. The amount of talent these people have to have to play instruments this well, sing and act all at the same time is incredible. Also, I want to have Steve Kazee's babies, especially after his incredibly humble Tony acceptance speech for best actor in a musical. His voice is ridiculous.
It will make you laugh, cheer and cry all within 2 1/2 hours. You should see it. Oh, and make sure you show up about 20-30 minutes early because the whole cast has a jamming session on the stage before the show starts where thay play Irish folk tunes and dance and sing. Seriously. So good. Go see it now.

Loved it! So glad you did a post on this! I still cannot believe I saw a show before you and Elise did! I didn't even know that was possible.
ReplyDelete