So I have to be honest...I was pretty skeptical about this particular production. I mean it had been awhile since I'd seen the movie and I remember liking it, but still. A musical? Of Ghost?
Well, it was better than I thought. One of my MDT (translated Music-Dance-Theater majors at BYU) friends was talking about how he kept listening to this one song over and over and I was intrigued so I went and youtube'd the music and was hooked. The music is a LOT better than I thought it would be (except for the one rap that is just awkward...). The casts' voices are fantastic. Here is the song he was listening to:
Well, it was better than I thought. One of my MDT (translated Music-Dance-Theater majors at BYU) friends was talking about how he kept listening to this one song over and over and I was intrigued so I went and youtube'd the music and was hooked. The music is a LOT better than I thought it would be (except for the one rap that is just awkward...). The casts' voices are fantastic. Here is the song he was listening to:
Her voice is beautiful and the lyrics are heartwrenching.
So I decided I needed to go see this musical. Like I said, it was better than I thought it would be. The set was amazing. Seriously. The panels were really cool and the special effects with bodies popping up while the actors as ghosts ran around was done really well. Also, you watch Sam (the main guy) walk through walls and doors and from the front of the mezzanine it looks pretty dang real. His voice was fantastic and the girl's voice is fantastic as well.
The downside was the rest of the cast. I think they should have had a musical with a small cast, like Next to Normal and have the main characters and then one or two others that play any small roles needed. The dancing numbers were strange and out of place and I really could have done without them. It was very distracting. However, still worth seeing (although maybe only paying the lottery price for ticket - totally worth $26!)

No comments:
Post a Comment