So today is Tuesday. Which usually doesn't mean much, but for our apartment it means we get to sit in on a missionary lesson with an investigator. There is this really cute girl named Liz who is taking the lessons right now, only her roommates are super hostile to her learning from Mormons. So, the Sisters asked if they could teach her at our apartment. I have loved it. I didn't get to teach that much in English on my mission and it has been phenomenal watching Liz grapple with and then accept what the Sisters teach her. You can see her willingness to learn and she asks such great questions! I feel the Spirit there everytime.
Last week the Sisters started teaching her about the Plan of Salvation and it was really hard for her to accept that she might not be with her family if she accepted this. And not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I felt the need to tell her about my family and how everyone has people that struggle (including ourselves), BUT that the Lord has promised us a fulness of joy and I am pretty sure He means it. I said I didn't know all the answers and how everything gets decided, but that at some point we have to let go and trust in the Lord's promise that fulness of joy means just that. Somehow He makes it work out.
I am so excited that she is coming back tonight and she gets to learn more about this amazing plan. And I am so humbled that I get to watch her journey and just get that extra chance to really feel the Spirit in the middle of the week. I don't think that it is coincidence that last week the Sisters gave Liz Alma chapter 40-42 and that I just happened to read those same chapters this week on my morning commute. I love this gospel and I love how intricately the Lord will be involved in our lives if we let Him.
Last week the Sisters started teaching her about the Plan of Salvation and it was really hard for her to accept that she might not be with her family if she accepted this. And not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I felt the need to tell her about my family and how everyone has people that struggle (including ourselves), BUT that the Lord has promised us a fulness of joy and I am pretty sure He means it. I said I didn't know all the answers and how everything gets decided, but that at some point we have to let go and trust in the Lord's promise that fulness of joy means just that. Somehow He makes it work out.
I am so excited that she is coming back tonight and she gets to learn more about this amazing plan. And I am so humbled that I get to watch her journey and just get that extra chance to really feel the Spirit in the middle of the week. I don't think that it is coincidence that last week the Sisters gave Liz Alma chapter 40-42 and that I just happened to read those same chapters this week on my morning commute. I love this gospel and I love how intricately the Lord will be involved in our lives if we let Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment