So I was chatting with some friends and my roomates about something the other night and thought I would share. We were talking about books and I was wondering aloud why it is that I love teen novels? Is it weird that I would rather browse in the young adult section of the bookstore as opposed to the straight fiction for grown-ups?
I consider myself an extremely mature person. I love books. I love really good literature and I own quite a bit of it. However, more often than not, if I am reaching for a book I will grab one of my well-worn teen series to get lost in.
There is something about these books that just drag me in and I find hours have gone by and I am still reading, completely enthralled. I am always excited to read them and sometimes stay up late reading even though I already know what happens.
In the end - we all admitted to being slightly embarrassed to own these books and have them on our shelves, but also admitted that we just love them anyway!! (examples include but are not limited to: Hunger Games series, Twilight series, Mortal Instruments series, Sookie Stackhouse series). Like I said, slightly embarassed to have them on my shelf, but loving them too much to let them go! Why is that?
I consider myself an extremely mature person. I love books. I love really good literature and I own quite a bit of it. However, more often than not, if I am reaching for a book I will grab one of my well-worn teen series to get lost in.
There is something about these books that just drag me in and I find hours have gone by and I am still reading, completely enthralled. I am always excited to read them and sometimes stay up late reading even though I already know what happens.
In the end - we all admitted to being slightly embarrassed to own these books and have them on our shelves, but also admitted that we just love them anyway!! (examples include but are not limited to: Hunger Games series, Twilight series, Mortal Instruments series, Sookie Stackhouse series). Like I said, slightly embarassed to have them on my shelf, but loving them too much to let them go! Why is that?

No comments:
Post a Comment