Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Rally

Well folks, it was craziness! There were so many people at the rally. Apparently they planned for about 60,000 people to show up and about 3x that many showed up. Unfortunately for us, we could not get close enough to really see or hear what was going on (except for Ozzy playing in the background at one point). But we did end up walking around and looking at the different political and uh...non-political signs people were carrying around. Here are a few of my favorites:
We saw this guy right when we first came in to the rally
I didn't actually see this one but I thought it was pretty fitting
Waffles are delicious!

One of the other signs that we saw that I don't have a picture of is: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself...and spiders". I felt that to be fairly straight forward and honest because personally I hate spiders! After about an hour of walking around unable to really hear or see anything, and a little sick of fighting the crowds, we ended up going back home. We did however catch Jon Stewart's closing remarks on tv and I have to say I really liked what he said. So in case you missed it, here's a clip (sorry it is so blurry, blame C-SPAN):

2 comments:

  1. Mormon who likes Jay-Z!! Woot! What Mormon doesn't like Jay-Z??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you that this post made me giggle. I loved the sign about your beliefs fitting on a poster, and well, now I want waffles. Curse you inventive sign carriers!

    ReplyDelete