Thursday, September 6, 2012

M.I.A.

So I have been a little M.I.A. on the blogging lately. I wish I had amazing pictures and stories to share to give reason to my absence. However, I've mostly just been busy doing normal stuff. Work is sometimes super crazy and then I've been busy most weekends. So here is a list of some stuff that happened this summer:

1. My Birthday - I had my close friends over to watch the NBA finals and eat homemade ice cream cake (I miss you every time I eat it La!!)

2. Roommate swap - at the end of June we downsized from 4 girls in the apartment to 3 and I now live with 2 amazing girls. We get along so well and I finally have clean, mature roomies who actually help me clean the apartment! It has been wonderful. But really, I love my roommates now and the apt is so much better now that there is no tension, drama, or annoyance at how dirty/weird/strange people are.

3. Work had a summer outing where we did a boat cruise around the Hudson on a little sailboat. It was a lot of fun (even though I was seasick almost the whole time). I have pictures from that night that maybe I will eventually post.

4. Going away parties - I had a couple friends who moved away from the city this summer so we had some going away parties/dinners that were a lot of fun, but also sort of sad.

5. Movies!! - aka Batman! So much fun seeing the final installment of the Batman trilogy.

6. Kathy's baby shower - I am getting more and more excited for these babies to come! Every time I head out to NJ I have to stop by Kathy & Warner's to see the updates to the nursery. It is darling. I can't wait for baby Blake and Ky!!

7. Camping (fail) - So a group of friends and I went camping up in the Catskills. Kathy & Warner let me borrow their element and I swiped some camping supplies from my dad. 1 dead car battery, 1 flooded tent and 5 hours of terrential downpour later my car decided to head back and get out of the rain. Anita, Julia and I stayed at my parent's house in NJ and hung out with my dad and Mitch. It was nice to be inside while it rained outside. Much more relaxing too!

8. The beach! - Most weekends (when not traveling) were spent taking the train out to Long Beach on Long Island. I love going to the beach during the summer.

9. Olympics - We had a couple Olympic watching parties in our apt and I loved watching the Women's Gymnastics team win gold. It was so much fun to watch this year

10. Labor Day Weekend - my roomies and I decided to hit up the Jersey Shore. We spent the weekend in NJ and hit up the beach and Gilmore Girls marathons and ate great food. It was a blast.

Throw in random parties and gatherings with friends along the way and that was pretty much my summer. I don't have picture documentation of a lot of it, but it was a good and busy summer! Hopefully your summer was great as well! For now, I'm going to pretend like last night's opening game for the Giants wasn't a dismal failure and get excited about the football season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment