Monday, July 16, 2012

Book Review: The Fault in Our Stars

So I have been reading a ton lately (especially since I got an Amazon Fire for my birthday!). I had heard a little about this book so I decided to check it out. I thought it would be a little depressing but it was beautifully done. I REALLY enjoyed it. I will give you a small plot synopsis but I really don't want to ruin anything so just go read it. It is YA book so it is a quick read.

Ok, so the basic plot is that the narrator is a teenage girl with stage IV cancer. As part of trying to force her to go out and do things while she still can, her parents make her go to a support group for teens with cancer. One week at group she meets this other guy who had cancer and had to have his leg removed. Anyways, they start a relationship.

There are some really beautiful insights into people and life and death and what is really meaningful that are all said in the snarky way only a 16 year old girl could manage. Of course part of the fun is that she says things people would never dream of saying out loud, but because she is a teen dealing with extraordinary circumstances you allow her to throw the truth in your face. There was no moral of the story type writing but just watching the characters grow and change in a very short time span (I mean they have cancer).

Anyways, the short answer is I absolutely loved it. Go get it and read it. Right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment