So in trying to finish up some of my 2011 goals (aka read more classics) I decided to read Slaughterhouse Five. I had never really known what the book was about or why it was such a classic but I know lots of people are require to read it in highschool (except apparently Chatham High...). Anyways, I read it. It was strange. It is an anti-war book and the main character also time travels, oh and he gets abducted by aliens. The one thing I did like is that time and experiences mean something different to the aliens because it all happens at the same time, so there's no point at worrying about sad things because you also have happy things happening at the same time. It was an intriguing thought. All in all it was a little bit of a strange read and call me crazy but it is not my favorite book of all time. Go figure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment