So once upon a time, I was home from the mish and working at WhyTry and listening to the new sensation Pandora on my work computer all day and this band "30 Seconds to Mars" kept popping up on my playlist. So I liked all their songs so that they would keep getting played during my day and downloaded all their music and loved them for a long time.
Fast forward a couple years and my celebrity obsessed roomie Melissa has a People commemoration book-thing and inside there is a page on one Jared Leto (known affectionately in my heart as Jordan Catalano from My So Called Life) - and it claims that these days he is the front man for none other than 30 Seconds to Mars. Who knew that the face behind that beautiful voice was just as pretty? I was ecstatic.
So keep fast-forwarding and throw in a couple concerts and road trips and telling other people about this magical band. Then, I am at work and we are having a lunch and I hear my 50 year old boss say that 30 Seconds is his favorite band as well! What are the odds.
So here we are to last Friday. I told Tony that 30 Seconds was playing their last leg of their 2 year tour and sent him a link if he wanted to go. Of course I had already bought my ticket in the presale weeks ago. The only tickets left were these outrageous "VIP" tickets that cost like $300 for an early entry, free teeshirt and a meet and greet with the band after the show. I told Tony that if he went he better bring back a signed tee shirt for me.
Then, last Friday, Tony walks in to my office and hands me an envelope and says "Thanks for working so hard this past year" and what is inside? TWO of those crazy expensive VIP tickets to see one of my favorite bands and meet my only celebrity crush. Priceless. The concert was amazing (as always) and meeting Jared was a definite highlight of the year. We got our photo taken with the band as well in this little package but that is getting emailed out to us later. So here are some pics I just took from the side of the stage with my phone.
Fast forward a couple years and my celebrity obsessed roomie Melissa has a People commemoration book-thing and inside there is a page on one Jared Leto (known affectionately in my heart as Jordan Catalano from My So Called Life) - and it claims that these days he is the front man for none other than 30 Seconds to Mars. Who knew that the face behind that beautiful voice was just as pretty? I was ecstatic.
So keep fast-forwarding and throw in a couple concerts and road trips and telling other people about this magical band. Then, I am at work and we are having a lunch and I hear my 50 year old boss say that 30 Seconds is his favorite band as well! What are the odds.
So here we are to last Friday. I told Tony that 30 Seconds was playing their last leg of their 2 year tour and sent him a link if he wanted to go. Of course I had already bought my ticket in the presale weeks ago. The only tickets left were these outrageous "VIP" tickets that cost like $300 for an early entry, free teeshirt and a meet and greet with the band after the show. I told Tony that if he went he better bring back a signed tee shirt for me.
Then, last Friday, Tony walks in to my office and hands me an envelope and says "Thanks for working so hard this past year" and what is inside? TWO of those crazy expensive VIP tickets to see one of my favorite bands and meet my only celebrity crush. Priceless. The concert was amazing (as always) and meeting Jared was a definite highlight of the year. We got our photo taken with the band as well in this little package but that is getting emailed out to us later. So here are some pics I just took from the side of the stage with my phone.





No comments:
Post a Comment