So I finally broke down and went to see Billy Elliot since it is about to close. I figured my Broadway experience wouldn't be complete if I didn't see it at least once. I liked it. It was not the life changing experience that everyone claimed it would be...The whole cast spoke in the harsh northern British accent which was fine, except that some of the characters went in and out of the accent. My favorite character was probably the dance instructor. She was phenomenal and her accent was perfect. Little Billy was a great dancer for being 12 or however old he was and was fun to watch. I think the biggest dissapointment was the music. I wasn't the biggest fan. There was one really great number before the intermission but that was about it. It was funny though and definitely entertaining but I don't know that it would be worth spending more than $50 or so on a ticket. I would say 3 out of 5 stars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment