Needless to say, this weekend is an emotional one for America. I would especially say for those in the targeted areas such as NYC and Washington, DC. I'm not going to re-write what my experiences were that day, you can read a shortened version here, but needless to say it was not an awesome day and I thought my dad could be dead for a couple hours...
Anyways, I have been thinking about 9/11 all week and have seen the memorials that are popping up all over the city and needless to say it has put me in a somber mood. So here it is - Let us always remember and never forget that 9/11 taught us that we are not invincible. That we need to remember the things that matter most. I'm pretty sure people were only interested in personal and family safety that day. Not in petty interests. So let us always remember. After the attacks there was one song that every radio station here in NYC was playing and it had snippets of newscasts and people talking during it and it always made me cry. Then and now. I went searching for it this morning and I'm not going to lie, I got a little teary here at work while watching/listening.
Anyways, I have been thinking about 9/11 all week and have seen the memorials that are popping up all over the city and needless to say it has put me in a somber mood. So here it is - Let us always remember and never forget that 9/11 taught us that we are not invincible. That we need to remember the things that matter most. I'm pretty sure people were only interested in personal and family safety that day. Not in petty interests. So let us always remember. After the attacks there was one song that every radio station here in NYC was playing and it had snippets of newscasts and people talking during it and it always made me cry. Then and now. I went searching for it this morning and I'm not going to lie, I got a little teary here at work while watching/listening.


No comments:
Post a Comment