Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Movie Review: The Help

Alrighty, I went to go see The Help this weekend with my friend Michelle. I liked it. It wasn't near as good as the book. The book surprisingly enough is suspenseful and a little scary at times because you hope that everything will work out and that Aibileen and Minny won't get in trouble. The movie never quite got there for me. Also I felt like when Stuart dumps Skeeter you don't feel the loss as much. My last complaint is the ending. They changed a lot of things to make the ending a lot more happy than the book did. They tried to justify certain characters (like Skeeter's mother) and then left out that Elizabeth made sure Aibileen only got fired and didn't go to jail.

If you haven't read the book, you will probably love the movie. If you have read the book you might be a little disappointed in the changes they made. That being said, the casting was superb! They seriously nailed each character on the head. My only disappointment was Alison Janney as the mother. I pictured the mother much smaller and frailer. Janney didn't look like she was dying from cancer for me. Other than that 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment