So normally I don't post twice in one day since I find it overly redundant...
I had a cool experience this week that I wanted to share. Nothing big or amazing or time stopping or even life changing. It ties in quite nicely with that gratitude post I did a few weeks back.
I was having a discussion with my roommate. Now this roommate and I have always gotten along pretty well and have had a few semi-serious conversations in our "room mate lifetime" together with some pretty positive results. This past week I became extremely grateful for her. We had a great conversation that ended up in a very serious subject matter and we got to know eachother that much better. I think that because of this bonding moment our friendship will be forever different as I understand her better and she understands me better. It just made me think hard on the people that come in and out of our lives.
I think that everyone we encounter, we encounter for a reason whether that reason is good or bad. Some are there just to teach us a lesson about ourselves. Some are there to force us to make a choice that will put us in a certain place (whether physically or mentally or spiritually). And then there are those that change us from the inside out. These people have such a huge impact in our lives that they usually end up staying in our lives for a long time. I'd like to think that these are those friends that you can talk to once a year and pick up right where you left off. These are the friends that matter. These are the friends that when you're listening to the Wicked soundtrack and "For Good" starts playing you automatically start thinking of these people and how they've changed you.
I am lucky enough to already have a couple of these life changing friends in my life (and hopefully you know who you are) and am excited to see if this roommate gets added to the list.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I miss you and have been thinking about you lately wondering how all the craziness in your and your family's life is. I am glad to see and hear things are going ok. I will be taking Peyton's year shots this week and will get some updated photos to you soon I promise. Good friends are definitely critical!!!
ReplyDeleteWell said
ReplyDelete