Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kids Say the Darned-est Things!

So, I went home this past weekend to hang out with my munchkins that I haven't seen in almost a year! (ouch!). It was a lot of fun. However, as with most traumatized kids, there are some behavior patterns that we don't appreciate nor condone in the Behrmann household. One of these is violence towards someone else.

In comes Parker. An extremely vivacious little four and a half year old. Parker has a hitting issue. And a kicking issue. So I was sitting up in Mitch's old room on the 3rd floor and my mom and I were trying to figure out how we would set up the bedroom to accomodate both little boys. Parker decides to jump up and start playing on the bed. Apparently part of his playing pattern is to jump up and ninja kick me repeatedly and then fall on his butt on the bed and then do it again. So of course I tell him that he can apologize or he can go sit in time out. 
No apology.

Oh - and he was getting ready for a bath which means that all he is wearing is his army underwear. Priceless.

So we take him in the hallway and sit him in the corner and tell him that he can't move until he is ready to apologize. To which he responds that he will be up there for a hundred weeks and won't eat anything. So I say fine. If that's what you want.

After about ten minutes my mom goes back up there to try and smooth things over. She reminds him of the rules and he protests, "but I forgot the rules!" So she tells him that that is ok, but when we forget he can just apologize for kicking. He says no that he will stay up there for 500 weeks now (getting longer) and that he won't eat any food, but that he hopes he won't get cold because then he might move to get a blanket and he hopes the lights don't burn out. 
So then I go upstairs and we make up and he promises no more kicking and we have a hugging moment. Then we did a bath and read some bedtime stories (The Giving Tree being one) and he went to bed. 

I love being an aunt. 

Oh and here is a picture of little Parker opening his presents on Christmas so you can appreciate the amazing facial expressions he makes all the time. So great.

2 comments:

  1. Hayley, that is awesome! Wow, life is going to be crazy for your Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh makes me excited for maggie getting older. haha. Kids are so funny.

    ReplyDelete