So in January my friend Judy had her follow up event to her birthday fundraiser for the Somaly Mam Foundation which helps girls sold into sex slavery worldwide and specifically in Cambodia. Here is a video of the foundation's work (I have seen most of these places in Phnom Penh from my time living there):
Anyways, it is heartbreaking and a very real issue for me since I have lived in this country and interacted with young girls (11-12 years old) who were prostitutes. So I was excited to be a part of Judy's fundraiser. Judy was amazing and raised over $30,000 in one night which I can't even tell you how far that will go in Cambodia. She had a silent auction that had designer handbags, makeup and art that was all donated. Celebrities showed up like Seth Meyers and Jon Legend's girlfriend and some other musicians, models and actors. It was a truly humbling experience being part of this and also fun to get all dressed up and support something that really matters. Here are some pics from the night:
Why yes that is Seth Meyers from SNL. My friend Judy is on the right end and next to her is Somaly Mam herself.
A lovely candid of me and my good friends Brent and Ash while Nat looks at us like we are crazy. Which we are.
Me and my girl Anita. I love this photo of us.
The professional group shot of some of the Mo's who showed up to the fundraiser. Of course I am the only New Yorker in color and so I stand way in front of everyone to awkwardly stand out. Let's just pretend that isn't happening. It was such a great evening.





No comments:
Post a Comment