So...yesterday at work the day was slow and the bosses were all gone...so I maybe started looking for ideas for my birthday party. No big deal right?
My birthday is in June.
Now - although I would like to defend myself with a type-a personality diatribe, I will pose the utterly simple question "Why not?"
Who decides when the appropriate time to plan one's birthday has come? Especially if it is going to be an affair of gargantuan proportions? I would argue that the day after your birthday is too late to start planning the next year's festivities. We celebrate lots of holidays months before they occur. We call it the "season" of that holiday. Why would our own births (and quite possibly therefore the BEST holiday we could celebrate all year) not qualify for the same treatment? Think about it, the only time your birth is celebrated and planned out months in advance is when you are in mother's womb. Then for some reason we all get over it and put little to no planning towards our birthdays at all.
So! I am putting an end to all this by planning my birthday a full 6 weeks in advance and there's nothing you can do about it world! So there. Oh - and it's going to be fabulous. I'm planning a 20's themed Murder Mystery party by turning our apartment into a speakeasy, every gentleman into a gangster and every proper young woman into a flapper or a whore. It will be epic. And don't worry, in 6 weeks time I will be sure to post the pictures of this extremely well planned out event.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

that sounds awesome! i did the same thing this year, started thinking about what i wanted to do about 6 weeks in advance. though, mine wasn't as epic as yours will be. see you in a few months!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy you. Very very very much. And I miss you. I wish I could be at your party. Boo to missing such a hootenanny. Happy birthday in six weeks though :)
ReplyDeleteI hope I get an invite. Sounds utterly fantastic. I am most excited for the dress ups. In fact maybe I will dress up and send you a photo as if I were there. I miss you and was so jealous today when you called from that fabulous restaurant. I was craving that food all day and a little piece of heaven called the Sacred Grove - I could have really embraced a little time there too. I hope you had a great trip though.
ReplyDelete