Thursday, April 1, 2010

Missionary Moment

Background:
So my boss loves Mormons. He's Jewish. My co-worker is married to President Eyring's daughter. He invited my boss to Priesthood session this Saturday in SLC because my boss is going out for a skiing weekend.

Moment:
So I was talking to my boss's assistant Bianca about the fact that Tony was going to go to General Conference. She asked me what General Conference was and I gave her a little spiel about it. Then I felt impressed to tell her that if she wanted, she could watch it online. She actually got excited and wrote the website in her Iphone so she would remember it. I actually had her pull up the webpage to show her where to watch Conference if she actually decided to watch it on Saturday or Sunday. It was really cool. She said that she was intrigued to see what our religion was all about because growing up they just went to church where a preacher spoke for an hour and then you went home (She's from New Orleans) but not a religion that was a lifestyle. I am really hoping that she watches some of it. Also - its a good motivator for me to really watch and listen so that if she does decide to watch it and has any questions I will be able to answer them for her.

Conclusion:
Sharing the gospel is awesome. Invite someone to watch Conference. It could change their life (and yours!)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I hope to tell someone about it next time so I have to be more accountable to pay attention!

    ReplyDelete