Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas 2014

Oh hey, it's me. That girl that sometimes (ok...never) blogs. I have a feeling once the baby comes these posts that come 3 times a year...might dwindle to once. But, for now - Christmas 2014! 

My parents oh so generously decided to buy us all a vacay in the DR for the 6 days preceding Christmas this year. I was definitely ready to sit around and do nothing and read in Punta Cana for a couple days. Even though I looked like a giant beached whale at 7 months prego. Of course, the sitting around only happened during the twins' rest time from about 1-3:30pm each afternoon. Otherwise, I was "swimming" with them the whole time. Swimming of course means, walking around and around and around in the baby pool with them. It was a blast. Miya and I became besties and I realized how much I cannot even run to keep up with a toddler named Blake as he shoots off in any direction screaming "go go go!" Not sure how mom's with more than one kid handle that. And now? Pictures.
My bestie Miya-chan

We spent a lot of time coloring - or drawing cars and planes on top of the mermaids for Blake.

Miya would NOT stay in a tube, but when we figured out Blake would it was a game changer. He does not have the best balance and this way we didn't have to worry about him tipping over and going under. I think Miya went under the water at least twice every day but she loved the pool and asked to go "swimming, yes?" all the time. The last day we had to hide her in my room watching Curious George in Spanish because we didn't have enough time to spend at the pool before going to the airport.
Absolute diva.


My favorite selfie Blake and I have ever taken. Sooo glad I caught this magic moment on film.
 They are so weird...
The sibling shot.
The Behrmann 2014 Christmas card. Excuse the excessive amount of hot pink coming from my side of the photo. I swear those maxi dresses made me look VERY pregnant.
Despite loving the traveling to the DR and hitting up the beach and pool and getting some solid Vitamin D intake, I have to say - I like cold Christmas the best. Being cozy in my home with it decked out for the holidays. I will take a regular Christmas tree over a palm tree any year. Happy holidays everyone and best wishes for a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment