Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Jaipur & Holi

So we had a fantastic time in Jaipur. I almost wish we had more than just one day there, but we had one day and that day just happened to be Holi! Meghan and I specifically planned our trip to include celebrating Holi in India. We were very excited about it. When we arrived in Jaipur after our wonderful first class train ride, our tuk tuk driver Don was amazing. He worked it out to come pick us up the next day and even offered to take us to his neighborhood so we were safe on Holi.

We started celebrating Holi at the hotel and then Don picked us up and took us to a hotel with other ex-pats celebrating, then his neighborhood to meet his family and have a dance party with his daughter and some of the local kids in the neighborhood. It was amazing. It was seriously the highlight of my trip!

And now - some MAJOR picture overload, but its Holi so I don't think anyone really minds. Right?

























 

































 

No comments:

Post a Comment