So a little more than a month ago, my dear dear friend Amanda got hitched. I was so happy for her and excited to go see her wedding. Now to be fair, I was assuming it would be a little whitetrash-esque since she lives in the boonies of upstate NY (sorry Amanda!), but it was a lot better than I thought it would be! Of course that is excluding the family members who ran around in bedazzled Ed Hardy shirts, the women with 80's mullet hair, and the number of adults who thought it appropriate to remove their shoes....
So here are some pictures of the night. It was great and I am so happy for her, although very sad that she has since left me and moved to Idaho while her husband finishes up school at BYU-I.
The reception space in the gym. I thought they did a really great job with decorating. Fortunately this gym is the coolest church gym I have ever seen. It has this amazing wood ceiling and these wood arches from the corners of the room. It honestly looked like a wedding inside a barn rather than a gym. Job well done.
Me and pretty Amanda before the reception started. She seriously was glowing. I always thought that was just a myth. I think it is pretty much a given that you will have the best hair/makeup day of your life on your wedding day. She looked gorgeous!
The ring ceremony. Tim's (the groom) family is mostly non-members so they decided to do a ring ceremony and discuss why they were married in a temple and why that was so important to them.
So glad we got a couple pictures together. Considering that Amanda and I have been friends for 5 years and lived together for 2 of those 5, we don't have that many pictures together. Thankfully we got a couple keepers!
Brett was such a trooper for hiking all the way upstate with me! It was a 2 hour train ride from Manhattan to Poughkeepsie. We also were traveling on St. Patty's day so there were more than enough drunk teenagers to make the train ride eventful. Brett didn't complain once and we ended up having a fun escape from the city life for a day. He's my favorite!! Thanks Brett!
So here are some pictures of the night. It was great and I am so happy for her, although very sad that she has since left me and moved to Idaho while her husband finishes up school at BYU-I.
The reception space in the gym. I thought they did a really great job with decorating. Fortunately this gym is the coolest church gym I have ever seen. It has this amazing wood ceiling and these wood arches from the corners of the room. It honestly looked like a wedding inside a barn rather than a gym. Job well done.
Me and pretty Amanda before the reception started. She seriously was glowing. I always thought that was just a myth. I think it is pretty much a given that you will have the best hair/makeup day of your life on your wedding day. She looked gorgeous!
The ring ceremony. Tim's (the groom) family is mostly non-members so they decided to do a ring ceremony and discuss why they were married in a temple and why that was so important to them.
So glad we got a couple pictures together. Considering that Amanda and I have been friends for 5 years and lived together for 2 of those 5, we don't have that many pictures together. Thankfully we got a couple keepers!
Brett was such a trooper for hiking all the way upstate with me! It was a 2 hour train ride from Manhattan to Poughkeepsie. We also were traveling on St. Patty's day so there were more than enough drunk teenagers to make the train ride eventful. Brett didn't complain once and we ended up having a fun escape from the city life for a day. He's my favorite!! Thanks Brett!






No comments:
Post a Comment