Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gratitude Post

1. My family's (immediate and extended) closeness and ability to pull together in a crisis or just cause we love eachother
2. The gospel - I don't think I have ever been more grateful for anything in my entire life except for maybe my fam. I am grateful for the perspective it gives me and the strength I can derive from it.
3. Being surprised by how amazing someone you know is - sometimes people surprise you and when it is a pleasant surprise it is all the more fabulous
4. Good friends. I am grateful and very lucky to be surrounded by people who not only truly care about me but really understand me as well.
5. A good job. In a time of economic uncertainty I have been able to get a job and to excel in it - now I understand why it took me 6 months to get a job...I was waiting for this particular one. All about hindsight.
6. Learning periods - the past couple weeks have been a learning experience and a hard one at that, but even though I am still going through the process I appreciate the changes I have seen in myself so far
7. Tender Mercies - I really couldn't recall a particular instance of this in my life until this weekend when the Lord let me know through someone else that I was doing ok in the most profound of ways. To that person - thank you. Sincerely.
8. The temple - I made a new year's resolution to go once a week and haven't missed yet. It is crazy how different I feel because of it. I don't have some amazing experience every time I go, but I definitely am changing because of it.
9. The gym - another resolution I had was to go to the gym everyday after work. It is great to just get on the treadmill and go for an hour and pound out frustrations and stress and have a little "me" time.
10. My life - kind of vague, granted - but I am just really grateful for who I am and where I am in life at the moment. And who knows maybe I will feel differently tomorrow - but for right now I am very content and normally I don't feel that way. I still have things that I am not 100% happy with or that I want to change, but all in all I feel good about me. And that is progress.

There are many other little things that I am grateful for but these were the big ones that I have been thinking about over the past couple of days.

5 comments:

  1. so beautiful and so deep. Oh how I miss you!! Thanks for being such a wonderful person.. I feel like I should make my own gratitude list now. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley I love this post! It helps me be grateful as well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you have a beautiful life. So much to be grateful for. I should make a list too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'm grateful for you!!

    Really though, talking to you last week reminded me how lucky I am to be friends with you Hails. You're inspiring. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You sound so good. I am so glad you are happy. Way to go on the goals - I too am inspired!

    ReplyDelete