Friday, September 4, 2009

Sleep Tight...

Most people would finish that sentence with "don't let the bed bugs bite". Well who knew that I would come to understand that saying on a more intimate level this past week? So for the past couple weeks, baby brother Hunter has been complaining that he can't sleep in his bed because something is biting him and he's getting rashes from the bites. He did have rashes but he is also a bit of a whiner, so we didn't pay him any mind. However, two months later I move back into the room across the hall from Hunter and unpacked and settled. And then - my mom decides to have a guy come and look at Hunter's room just in case and it turns out that he has BED BUGS!!!

The irony of the situation is that I lived all summer in NYC which is ridden with bed bugs and yet it is when I move back home that I have to deal with them being in my home! So, we had to pack up all of the belongings on the entire 3rd floor in black contractor garbage bags that will stay up there for weeks while they come and spray over three visits (which means we can't use any personal belongings for that amount of time). Then we also had to take every cloth object whether bedding or clothing and wash and dry it even if it was technically clean. I swear the dry cleaning bill will be a couple hundred dollars at this rate.

So now I am waiting at my brothers house for six hours while they spray the house for the first visit. So from now on if you tell me to sleep tight I will hope that one: the bed bugs are dead and two: if they aren't dead that they really won't bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment